Saturday, May 11, 2013

Skincare

With all the stress of finals week, my skin is fighting back with a vengeance. Usually, I have pretty good skin as long as I remember to wash my face and moisturize. However, when I crank up the stress my skin goes haywire, it become uncontrollable. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has this problem.

My skincare routine is more of a work in progress than a routine. I'm always on the search for new, better products. I'm going to share what seems to be working right now.


1. Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser | This product is the greatest face wash ever, in my opinion. I use it in the morning and most nights before bed. It cleans your face, period. There are no frills and its perfect. I can use it daily without dying out my skin at all. The smell might be a little off-putting to some, as its somewhat medicinal smelling, but it doesn't bother me. It just works. 

2. Clearasil Acne+Marks Wash and Mask | This product should definitely not be used daily, unless you have serious acne problem. This face wash dries my face out a lot but it really works. Since it is so drying I usually use it as a mask once or twice a week, unless I notice a breakout coming on. I leave it on for about a minute. I originally bought this product because my face always had red marks for weeks after the pimple was gone and I think this wash really helps that problem. 

3. St. Ives Apricot Scrub | Classic. I'm pretty sure this is everyone's go to scrub. I love it. Its natural, smells nice, and it works. 'Nough said! 

4. Neutrogena Oil Free SPF 15 Moisturizer | This product is new to my routine. I was searching for an SPF moisturizer for the summer. To be honest, I'm still a little on the fence about it. It works great except when I wear makeup over it, my face gets more greasy than usual. This isn't a huge problem because in the summer I don't frequently wear makeup. If you do though, I might look for a different option. 

No comments:

Post a Comment