Sunday, December 01, 2013

Clarisonic Mia

I have wanted a Clarisonic forever, I have heard so many great things. However, the price tag was a big deterrent for me. Spending $125-150 was just too much for something to clean my face!

So, as my student teaching semester was drawing to an end, I was looking for a gift to get myself as a reward. I thought an accomplishment that big deserved a big splurge. I bit the bullet and ordered a Clarisonic Mia. I got my light blue one on QVC.com for a little cheaper than anywhere else, they actually have some pretty good deals. I decided the Mia 2 was not worth the extra price for just adding another speed. After I bought mine, Clarisonic came out with the Mia First for only $99. It seems to be very similar if not the same as the original Mia. So, if you're skeptical about the price that may be the way to go.

I was so excited when I got my Clarisonic, I had to use it! No way could I wait until I finished my student teaching. Besides, my skin was a mess from all of the stress.

At first, I was seriously considering returning it. I broke out pretty bad, but I was expecting this "purge," but my skin was also super irritated. I didn't really notice any significant change for the positive my first two weeks using the Clarisonic. I was so disappointed, but I cut down how much I was using it and decided to give it another week.

Then one morning I washed my face and my skin looked great! Seriously it was like night and day. My skin was so smooth and clear. My makeup applied so much nicer. My face just felt cleaner which was great. So, if you're thinking about getting one, I definitely recommend it (based on my three weeks of experience with it). I also recommend giving it plenty of time for your skin to adapt and starting with light use and building up your tolerance to it because it can be irritating.

I use my Mia at most once a day, usually only once every other day. I use it with my Cetaphil cleanser and finish with Olay Complete moisturizer. This is the same combination I've used for years, so for me its tried and true. I am thinking about upgrading my face wash and moisturizer next time I run out. I feel like I've reached the point in my life where I can splurge a little.  

Does anyone have any good suggestions for a good face wash or moisturizer? Have you tried the Clarisonic, what do you think? 




6 comments:

  1. I have wanted a Clarisonic so badly too I have heard such wonderful things about them. I do use the Cetaphil and it is a wonderful product, especially during the winter time!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely splurge! Its as awesome as they say!

      Katie

      Delete
  2. I use the clarisonic almost every day! I haven't found my holy grail cleanser, but I like the clinique mild cleanser :)

    AJ | TheAJMinute
    @TheAJMinute

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard so many awesome things about the Clarisonic from so many different people, it would totally be an awesome gift for this holiday season.
    -Alex
    www.monstermisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete