Thursday, December 26, 2013

2014 Simplified Planner

As the new year approaches many people are in search of a new planner. I am typically an academic planner kind of girl because I'm on a school schedule, but I have found the perfect planner and I had to share. Since I'm graduating college this year, I am seriously considering graduating to this big kid planner.

Without further ado, The Simplified Planner by Emily Ley. Its targeted towards women with families, but I really thinks its perfect for anyone.


First off, how cute is the cover? I love the stripes and the fun colors. Its also great that the corners are reinforced, my planners always get dogeared by the end of the year from too much love. 


Each day gets its own page with a column with times to write down all of your appointments, etc. A section for your "To Do" list. There are also small boxes for notes and whats for dinner. While I'm still in college the dinner box won't be used too frequently, but upon graduating I can definitely see it being a major asset. 

I love the idea of having my "To Do" list right in my planner, it typically gets sticky noted in which can get a little cluttered (which makes my skin crawl). 

One of my favorite features is the weekly prep section on Sunday. Its a great reminder to start your week of right. Ideally I like to use my weekends to do laundry, clean my room, and get ahead on homework because during the week I'd much rather hang out with friends and my residents than do stuff like that. Its not always the easiest to keep up with though, so having a little check list would be super. 

Check out the website for more pictures/a cute little video about the planner. Emily Ley is super inspiring...I mean making your own planner! What a lady! Plus she does everything with a toddler. I love to read her blog too. The only downside about this planner is it sold out so now you have to pre-order and you can expect it around Valentine's Day. 

I'm very seriously considering ordering one and just using my old planner until it gets here. If not, the next addition is on my wish list for Christmas next year! Is it too early to start a Christmas list for next year? 

Note: I'm not being compensated for this post, I'm seriously just a huge fan. All photography was done by Emily Ley. 



No comments:

Post a Comment