Friday, December 06, 2013

Study Necessities

Since I was student teaching this semester, I didn't really have traditional classes. I had my student teaching seminar where we essentially met and discussed student teaching. Well, now its time for my final project. I have to write a 10 page paper...gasp! Ok I've written papers way longer than that during my college education, but I haven't done any school work all semester so I'm struggling.

So, since everyone else in college is going through the end of the semester too I thought I'd share some of the things I can't get through finals without. These are not really things I use to study. So this post isn't really a practical how I get down to business kind of post. Its more like how I stay sane when I have tons of work.


So first off is my lovely geek chic glasses, mine are Prestons from Warby Parker. I love love love these glasses in case anyone was wondering. I love to wear these while I'm paper writing because they make me feel smarter, duh! Also, my eyes don't really like contacts so my eyes get super uncomfortable and dry if I wear them while focusing a lot, plus if you accidentally fall asleep no contacts suction cupped to your eyes. 

Next up are my Bose AE2 headphones. Remember in this post when I was debating which headphones I want? Well my boyfriend decided for me and got the Bose pair for my birthday and I love them! Highly recommended. Music sounds awesome and even though they aren't noise canceling headphones, you can't hear anything if you have music on. Which is great because you can just get in the zone and not get distracted by library chatter or noisy first years running around on your hall (#RAproblems). 

A cozy throw is also a must have. I don't know about anyone else, but my dorm room is always cold. Having a snuggly blanked to wrap up in makes everything better. I don't really know if it helps my productivity but it certainly makes me a happy girl. How amazing is this one from Pottery Barn? I don't think I've ever seen something so soft in my life. It needs to come live at my house end of story.

Tea is another must have. I try to avoid coffee at night or in copious amounts. Having a ton of work messes with my sleep schedule enough without adding the effects of caffeine on top. Red Rose tea is my favorite for during the afternoon (since its caffeinated), then I switch to herbal tea as the night wears on. Something about a warm drink makes everything better, plus a cute mug cheers me up too. I can never have too many mugs.

Last but not least candy. I live my life on a rewards based system. Write a paragraph get a peanut butter cup, finish three pages watch a tv show. Whatever it takes to get things done am I right? Mini Reeses are my favorite and I have an uncomfortable amount of gold foil wrappers sitting on my desk right now...whoops.

What gets you though the end of the semester (or a tough project for those grown ups out there)? 

P.S. Yes I did write this post as a way to procrastinate on my paper.

6 comments:

  1. I got that blanket from PB for my brother last year. He LOVES it. We use a King size one for a bedspread in the winter. It is SO warm (and ridiculously heavy!).

    jess | Quaintrelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its great to know its as nice as it looks, I might have to scoop it up while its on sale!

      Katie

      Delete
  2. a cozy blanket is all you'll need!
    xo Jessica
    www.NewlyLoved.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great things to have while studying! When I was in college, I always loved having tea or coffee and lighting a candle! Makes it so cozy :)
    www.amemoryofus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish we could burn candles, we aren't allowed to have them in our dorms

      Katie

      Delete