Thursday, December 19, 2013

Holiday Parties

The week before Christmas is full of holiday parties which obviously means you need a fab outfit. I don't have any fancy parties planned for this year (all of my soirees will include jeans and sweaters, fine by me). But I love thinking about what I would wear if I had a glitzy event to attend.

I decided to go with a simple LND (little navy dress) with some festive red accessories.


I'm in love with this scalloped navy dress. Its pretty pricy, so you could definitely substitute any black or navy dress in your closet. Remember, the dress is just a canvas for the killer accessories! 

First find a fun statement necklace like this one from Bauble Bar. I like that its simple, I'm definitely not brave enough to wear some of this huge flamboyant necklaces. I think this one makes a statement without screaming it. I would probably go pretty simple with the rest of my jewelry (pearl studs anyone?) 

Don't forget your festive fingertips! Essie's Toggle to the Top is my favorite holiday shade this year. I just bought it at Target the other day, but I'm forcing myself to save it for next week. I'll report back when I try it on, but I imagine it will be a rave review. 

Last but not least the shoes. I am very seriously considering adding this Nina Culver pair to my closet, I mean the price is right. Plus I have a black pair of Nina heels and they are so comfy. I'm the biggest baby ever when it comes to shoes and I can wear them all night long with very little discomfort. 

Does anyone have any fun holiday plans for this week? 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in love with that navy dress now too! I love the scallops and the back of the dress is lovely! Beautiful holiday outfit post!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete