Monday, December 16, 2013

New Girl

Raise your hand if you are obsessed with New Girl. If your hand isn't raised you are either lying or you've never seen it. If its the latter, log into Netflix and binge watch the first season and report back.

I started watching a year or so ago and I have been obsessed ever since. Its a great goofy show to unwind after a long day. Plus I find it super relatable. I've always been the girl that only hangs out with guys, so I can totally identify with the shenanigans that Jess gets into with the guys she lives with.

Under all the silliness and weird situations, there are some real life lessons to be found. My number one most relatable New Girl quote is this one...


I feel like every young woman has felt this way at some point in their life. They see a woman who has it all together and feel completely inadequate. They have a successful business or job as a lawyer, you're studying to be a teacher. They wear a lot of gray and navy, you like pink polka dots. They order a salad for every meal, you eat an ice cream sundae for dinner at least once a week. It can be hard to feel empowered if your constantly comparing yourself to these successful women. 

I love this quote because it reminds me that I know I'm smart and tough and strong just the way I am and I don't have to change myself to fit everyone else's vision of success. 

So ladies put on your pajama set, geek chic glasses and a big bowl of ice cream and enjoy some New Girl because your "successful" life can wait one more day.


No comments:

Post a Comment