Tuesday, December 31, 2013

New Years Resolutions

Tonight is the end of another amazing year. I accomplished a lot, and I have a lot to be proud of. However, next year is going to be even more exciting. I will be graduating college, getting a real job and starting life on my own. I'm both excited and terrified for these major changes. 

As I ring in 2014 I took some time to think of some resolutions for the new year. Nothing too big or too complicated, just a few things that I think would make me...well, a better me! 


Eat Healthier and Exercise More | I always try to eat moderately healthy, but college definitely gives me the junk food blues. As I finish school and start "real life" I want to establish some good habits as far as eating and general health is concerned. Am I going to give up pizza and ice cream? Heck no! I just want to eat more fruits and veggies, eat out less, and enjoy natural health food too. I also want to drink more water. As far as exercise goes, I'm never going to like it but I do want to move around more even if its just taking my puppy for more walks. 

Read More Books | I love to read and I used to finish a book a week at least. Lately, I've been watching more TV and reading a lot less, not cool. So I want to reconnect with my inner book worm this year. 

Keep a Journal | I love to write down my thoughts, but I'm never very consistent about it. This year I want to start a journal and actually use it. 

Grow Up My Wardrobe While Staying True to My Style | As I leave school and enter the professional world, I am definitely going to need to grow up my wardrobe. However, I don't want to abandon my sense of style in the process because I know if I do I'll spend all day uncomfortable. I need to find a balance between professional and comfortable...plus I want to look good in the process! 

Get Creative | I am very much a doodler. This year I want to take that to the next level by actually spending time to create something. My wonderful boyfriend got me a watercolor set for Christmas and I am so excited to develop a completely new set of skills. This will be a challenge for me because I am such a perfectionist and art isn't about being perfect. 

Create a Space Just For Me | This is the resolution I am most excited about. A while ago I mentioned to my boyfriend that I love his house, but I felt like there was nowhere for me to make as girly as I wanted. So, he earmarked a spare bedroom just for me! I can do anything I want with it and decorate it however I want! Right now my vision is for a home office/reading room thats white with lots of pops of color! I'm so excited to really start designing it this year.

What are your resolutions this year?

14 comments:

  1. Great resolutions :) I definitely want to creative a space just for me as well.
    Jessica
    the way to my Hart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It would be great to have a quiet space to work around here haha

      Katie

      Delete
  2. I want to read more books in 2014 too, luckily I got a few for Christmas to get me started! Happy New Years!
    -Alex
    www.monstermisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Santa was good to my book collection too ;)

      Katie

      Delete
  3. These are all such great New Years Resolutions! I hope 2014 treats you well!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Your blog is super cute, I just followed you!

      Katie

      Delete
  5. Great resolutions! Reading more is always one of my goals.

    Sarah
    aroseinthecity0.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it will always be one of mine too, I don't think you can ever read too much.

      Katie

      Delete
  6. Hi! I just wanted to let you know that I've read your blog and I'm really liking it and that I've nominated you for the Liebster Award! Check out that post for more info!

    http://evithefashionista.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete