Thursday, June 27, 2013

Headphones

So the other day I walked into the Apple store...bad idea I know. I just really cannot control myself in there. Anyway, I was immediately drawn to the headphones display. I have been thinking about investing in some nicer headphones for a while but this is the first time I have really looked.

I'm looking for something stylish, comfortable and (somewhat) feminine. I'm an appreciator of music, not an audiophile at all! I can tell when music sounds better or worse using different speakers or headphones, but I really don't hear any of the nuances that others do.

Of those displayed at the Apple store these Beats Solo and the Bose AE2i really caught my attention. Both are slightly smaller so my head didn't look like they were drowning in headphones, they had great sound quality (from what I could tell) and were pretty comfy (for the 2 mins I wore them). So naturally, I went home and began doing research. My problem was every review was tainted by so called "audiophiles" who have a problem with anything sold for "mainstream" use. It's really hard to weed out good information about these products.


So here's what I have so far: 

Bose: So far these are slightly ahead. The sound was a little better in my opinion and I liked that these covered my ears rather than resting on top. They also blocked more noise (even though they aren't sound canceling). The only downside is they are a little bulkier, they do not fold for easy travel, and they aren't as pretty (I know this should not make or break my decision but I like pretty things, I can't help it!) 

Beats: I have read that these really over-emphasize bass. I'm not a huge rap/hip-hop fan, I have a few songs of this genre in my music library but thats it. So extra bass is unnecessary and I worry it would mess with other genres (I have no factual basis for this). I love the way this pair looks, its just so streamlined and HELLO PURPLE! It also folds so they would be a little more portable. 

Ok, here is where you come in! Does anyone own either of these? What do you think? Are there other recommendations that I should look in to? I would really appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment