Sunday, December 16, 2012

HTML/CSS

So I am completely obsessed with HTML

For those of you that don't know HTML and CSS are code languages needed to create websites. I first taught myself HTML when I was in middle school, unfortunately I didn't keep up with it and eventually I had forgotten most of what I'd learn. So the other day (in lieu of studying for finals) I decided to take it up again. Since then I have become completely hooked learning how to create my own webpage.

I have been using an amazing tool I stumbled upon a while ago called Code Academy. Basically it is an entire website of interactive lessons learned to teach computer related skills. You literally need zero experience with computers to start learning. The lessons walk you through the process step by step. Also did I mention is was completely free? So what is stopping you from learning the skills to improve your blog or get a leg up when applying for jobs? Click the image below to get started.

I hope to use my newly found skills to really personalize this blog and make it look a lot less cookie cutter. Who know, maybe when I feel like I have a handle on HTML I will move on to learning a little Java.

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome and much needed! Thanks for posting about it! I so wish I knew how to speak code ;)

    Thanks so much for your sweet comment!
    -Tiffany
    http://stylesidebar.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete