Monday, January 14, 2013

Smartwool

I hate cold feet, keeping my toes warm is a constant battle especially in the winter months. I swear I must have awful circulation or something! In any case warm socks are a must. While fuzzy slipper socks are fun they are not very practical. I don't know about anyone else but I can't wear them with shoes.

Enter Smartwool. These are literally the best socks I have ever worn! I am completely obsessed with them. My grandmother got me a pair for Christmas several years ago and it was love at first wear, but then horror of horrors I could not for the life of me find another pair! It didn't help that my grandmother couldn't remember where she bought them. After much searching, they are back in my life in a big way.

So what's so great about these socks? They are made of magic, I'm convinced. They are warm like a pair of wool socks but none of the itch. They prevent your feet from getting wet (because they're made for out door activities). They come in a ton of fun colors and patterns. Last, and honestly the best part, you can throw them in the washer AND dryer! I do not know how they can make wool socks withstand the rigors of a regular wash and dry cycle, but it makes laundry day so much easier because I don't have to worry about it.

The only downside to these magical socks is their price tag. At around $20 a pair they cost a pretty penny. However, in my opinion they are worth every cent. They last forever and take a beating. I've had my first pair for several years (probably around 3 or 4) and they are just starting to look a little threadbare, this is with near constant wear/washing. I would say I got my money's worth.

Here are a few of my favorites in my ever-growing collection.


1. Margarita | These are by far my favorites (and most numerous). I have several colors of these cute striped socks. These are nice and light, but still warm, crew socks. I find them perfect for under boots or tucked into leggings with a cozy pair of Moccasins. You can find them on Zappos.com, and 3 pairs for $58 seems like a steal, this set may be going on my wishlist. 

2. Sarurnsphere | This is a newly added pair to my collection and I'm in love. They are slightly more padded on the bottom and a little warmer. A little less comfortable with regular shoes but perfect for wellies or Bean boots and they will definitely keep you warm and cozy whether you are hiking or just trekking to class in the cold and rain. Smartwool.com.

3. Cable | I have not tried this pair yet, but I cannot wait to. How cute and a little more dressy. Definitely better for work. If these dress socks are as great as their more casual counterparts I will buy them in every color once I enter the workplace. Working all day can be hard enough on your feet why not treat them a little? For now I'll probably opt to start with a simple black, brown, or gray...or all three.  Smartwool.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment