Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Drybar

So, I am obsessed with the idea of Drybar. If you don't know what Drybar is, have you been living under a rock?! Like seriously. Ok, so Drybar is this new hit idea where you go to a salon just for a wash and blowout, not to get your hair cut or colored or anything. It has seriously developed a cult following in bigger cities recently. It just seems like the most luxurious thing in the world, and all of their hair styles are AMAZING! Everyone's hair just looks so great when they are done.

I have never been to a Drybar because I do not live close to any cities that have them. To be honest, I'd be a little worried to go because stuff like that stresses me out more than it relaxes me. I seriously tense up every time a stylist washes my hair, I usually beg ask them not to do it. I don't know what it is, but having a stranger wash my hair freaks me out. But, all you weird control freak ladies out there, Drybar has created a solution! They have released all of their products for use at home!

And I am obsessed. They are seriously the most gorgeous hair tools I have ever seen. If they weren't so expensive I would have bought every single one already. The downside is they cost a pretty penny, I mean they are professional grade products so, its to be expected. It just breaks my heart.



I think I might slowly start adding these to my repertoire. I really love the hairdryer. I have really frizzy hair and my old hairdryer just makes it a million times worse. The reviews on the Drybar Buttercup all say that it has helped with Frizz due to ion technology (Ok, the reviewers on Sephora are not scientists, but I do tend to trust them for the most part).

The other product I really love is the curling iron. I fell in love when Carly at TheCollegePrepster did a video on it. I love that the top spins rather than staying stationary like most curling irons. The curling iron I have now barely even gets warm, so I think its time for an upgrade.

The Drybar also has their own line of products that they use at their salons. I don't know if I would personally buy them just because they are pretty expensive. I have a hard time justifying that kind of price for something I will be essentially washing down the drain. The only two I would consider would be their dry shampoo, Detox and their heat protector, Hot Toddy. I just have not found a product I like for either of these uses, so it might be worth a try.


But look how pretty the packaging is...maybe I need them all. Total sucker for pretty packaging. 

For those of you lucky ladies that live in a city with a Drybar, there's even an app for that. You can schedule your blowout before you even get out of bed, plus its free! Ah the wonder's of technology.


I would love to hear your thoughts on Drybar or their products! Please share, it would be nice to have input before I make any big purchases. 

4 comments:

  1. A friend of mine told me about this a couple weeks ago, Drybars are such an awesome idea, especially with all the upcoming holiday parties! They are putting one in our area and I'm excited.
    -Alex
    http://www.monstermisa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so jealous! Please do a post about it if you go

      Katie

      Delete
  2. im a total sucker for pretty packaging too

    sam
    http://livefree-diepretty.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete