Saturday, November 23, 2013

Thanksgiving Outfit

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday! Family and food (read hanging out with my mom and my mom's cooking)! At our house Thanksgiving is very casual, nothing fancy at all. Like buffet on the kitchen island and paper plates and cups casual. I think thats what I love about it, no need to stress about getting dressed up, traveling, or which fork to use (there's only one choice).

Sometimes, I like to imagine what Thanksgiving would be like if my family classed it up a little. Ha! I love them, but they are not classy people. Anyway, here's what I would be wearing to this year's fancy Thanksgiving.



So even in my fanciest Thanksgiving dreams, I'd still keep it pretty simple. I am in love with this Elizabeth McKay dress, pink and navy whats not to love? This pearl necklace from J.Crew is also a current favorite. Add some adorable Jack Rogers flats and a Tory clutch and its pretty much the perfect outfit. 

Ok, no matter how much I love the idea of getting all dressed up and eating off nice china I think I'll keep my Thanksgiving just how it is. Its not about what you wear its about being thankful for what you have. And I have a lot to be thankful for including four wonderful grandparents who still make it to every Thanksgiving and a mom to share coffee and peeling potatoes with in the morning. 

6 comments:

  1. That dress is absolutely stunning, love that outfit! And I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving :)

    http://thepreppysisters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving as well

      Delete
  2. love the shoes , big fan a flats

    http://livefree-diepretty.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love flats these Jack Rogers ones are on my wish list for sure

      Katie

      Delete
  3. That's a luuurvly dress! A pretty pattern :')

    Sharlotte xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only we all had boat loads of money to spend on dresses, sigh

      Katie

      Delete