Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Rescued

Alright, so I've written about my (boyfriend's) puppy Bella several times on my blog but I wanted to be sure I told her story. Bella was a rescue, we got her when she was really little, like 8 weeks old. We're not totally sure how old she was because she was found by the road with all her puppy siblings. 

Bella is the most lovable, cuddly, energetic creature on the whole planet (I might be a bit biased because I'm her mama). Don't get me wrong, she gets herself in plenty of trouble chewing sticks in the house, stealing from the garbage, and escaping the fence in the back yard to name a few, but I would change and of the challenges for anything. 

We believe that Bella is also part Pitt Bull, which could be the reason she was left on the side of the road. Our best guess is that she is a Lab/Pitt mix, and boy is she a cutie. I have always believed that a dog is how you raise it not the breed. Bella has just confirmed this. 

Anyway I'm on this whole tangent because there are plenty of puppies out there that need loving homes. So, before you go out shopping or a designer breed check out your local ASPCA. We had originally been looking at golden doodles and went to look at Bella on a whim. The second her foster mom put Bella into my arms I knew she had to come home with us and there was no looking back. Now I think I'm a Lab/Pitt girl for life. 

Now for some cute baby pictures of Bella. 

Driving home for the first time



Just being a model for her puppy photo shoot. 

Sorry the top picture is the only one I can find from when she was a little baby pup. I'll have to look around and post some more later. 

Have you ever rescued a puppy? What kind? 

1 comment: