Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Whats in my teaching bag?

Confession time, I LOVE when bloggers post about what is in their bag, does that make me creepy? There is something so revealing about what a person chooses to carry with them. I also feel like this obsession is totally a girl thing. If we ladies told boys that we liked to see what other women carried in their purses the would look at us like we were psychos.

Anyway, I thought I would do a mini version. I'm not going to dump out my bag and show you everything in it because its mostly trash (notes, candy wrappers, student's late passes that I for some reason feel the need to crumple up and throw in my bag). So, instead I'm going to give you the pretty digitalized version of what I keep in my bag when I'm off to a day of teaching.



Large Longchamp | I love my dark purple Longchamp bag. When I first saw these bags, I hated them, I thought they looked so stupid and not worth the price. But, the more I saw them, the more I liked them. Finally, when I studied abroad in France, literally everyone had one and the French make everything look so chic. Naturally I had to have on. I ended up getting mine on sale for about 60 Euros, which ends up being about half of what they cost in the states. I'm still not sure if I would pay full price for one of these bags, but hopefully I won't have to worry about that for a longgggg time. 

Vera Bradley Pencil Case and ID holder | I go through phases where I'm obsessed with Vera Bradley and where I can't stand it. Right now, I'm loving it specifically their pattern Indigo Pop. I just love all the colors in it and that the pattern isn't super loud or busy. This pencil case is great (I think technically it's marketed for make-up brushes) it has a liner so nothing gets on the fabric and if fits tons of pens/pencils. I also really like this ID case (If you've every been on a college campus anywhere I'm sure you've seen this before). I throw my school ID, college ID, drivers license and bank card in here with my room key on the loop so I can just grab it and go without worrying about my whole wallet. 

Marvy Le Pens | I have a whole set of 20 (I just featured some of my favorites in this picture) I use these pens constantly for teaching they're great for quick notes and I love all the colors for grading papers. Using red/blue all the time would get boring. 

Macbook Pro | This one is a no brainer. I do pretty much all of my work on my lap top so it is a must have. Just in case you were wondering I am a die hard Mac fan. You can't even say I'm a poser because I convinced my mom we had to have a Mac for our first computer when I was 7 (helllooooo 1999). 

Incase Laptop Sleeve | Confession, this is not the laptop sleeve I own. I have a gross grey one that I hate and I only bought because it was the only one for my size computer when I went to Staples right after I bought my laptop. It is also about four years old now and in much need of an upgrade. So as soon as I have the heart to part with $40/Christmas comes around, I will be getting one of these pretty purple neoprene sleeves. 

Agenda | I got my agenda from Barnes and Noble. It has all the things I like in an agenda. A box for each day of the week and lines in each box. I don't think I would get another one though just because the paper is kind of thin so you have to be careful which kinds of pens you use. 

EOS Lip Balm | I'm a chapstick-aholic. I carry it with me everywhere. Lately I made the switch from your typical everyday tube to EOS lip balm. Let me say I'm a convert. It took me a little while to get used to it but now that I have I'm obsessed. There are so many great flavors and how cute is the container. The best part, it's mostly organic and contains no petroleum. Right now I'm rocking the Pomegranate Raspberry and it's completely fab. 


6 comments:

  1. I've been wanting a Longchamp for ages now. They just seem like the perfect bags for work - especially since their nylon (seems like they would hold up very well to all toting around). I always go with black, but the purple looks so cute, I might have to live on the edge and go with color!

    jess
    Quaintrelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously, the purple is basically a neutral. Its so dark its akin to navy but it has a fun pop of color. It really doesn't look out of place in a professional setting.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the comment on my blog! I truly appreciate it (:

    Your bag looks very similar to mine when I was student teaching. I still carry around my Vera Bradley ID case and eos lip balm!

    What subject do you teach? I was a history educ major.

    - Kelsey
    http://kelseyinreallife.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh me too! I'm teaching world cultures and sociology right now and I love it, but boy is it exhausting.

      Delete
  3. i LOVE these types of posts.. maybe because i'm just nosey! I am planning to do a "What's in my lunch bag" post ASAP haha. Ps - the eos lip balm is my fav! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was planning a lunch box post soon too! I'll keep an eye out for yours

      Delete